Services and special events
During Full Term, the main services in the College Chapel usually take place each Sunday at 11 am and 6 pm. The morning service at 11 am includes Holy Communion of bread and wine, and is a relaxed and more intimate service with some contemporary worship songs and student musicians. The Evening Service at 6pm includes the full choir.
Below is a list of special services and other events taking place during the Academic Terms. Do check this page from time to time as new information will be added. You can also download the Term Card and consult Chapel Services in the events diary for more information.
This term's special services and activities include:
- Each term there is a Sunday evening College Communion service at 6pm, which all Christians in College are particularly encouraged to attend, although members of any faith are also welcome. Each one is followed by a free buffet supper.
- University Sermons usually take place on two Sundays each term at Great St Mary's (The University Church) at 11.15am. All of the Colleges and Heads of Houses are represented there to take part in the service and hear a widely acclaimed guest preacher. The opportunity to question the preacher following the service is offered over refreshments following the service in Michaelhouse, adjacent to the church.
- Fitz CU, which meets on Wednesdays at 7pm in the Societies Room. Contact the CU reps listed, for more information.
- Other chapel activities during the academic year including discussion groups or film nights; visits to other colleges with the choir will appear in due course. Details can be found on Facebook.
- After each morning service we have breakfast, usually coffee and bagels in K11A, and after the evening services, a supper of soup and pizza held in the Fellows' Parlour, where there is the chance talk to our guest preacher, time for chat and getting to know one another better.