Tuition fees vary according to the course and are collected by the College once a year, at the start of the Michaelmas term.
- Graduate study - (all courses other than MAST) University Graduate Admissions.
- PGCE students - University Faculty of Education website
- MFin and MBA - Judge Business School.
Applicants should note that all M.A.St. courses are treated as undergraduate courses for fee purposes. Overseas students (and any others not eligible for public finance) are therefore charged the undergraduate College fee in addition to the University Composition Fee and maintenance costs listed on the Graduate Fee tables.
- The College fee rate for those starting their course in 2017-18 will £8500
- Students who are eligible for public finance do not pay the College fee (this is usually all Home and EU students, but individuals are advised to check their own status) .
The estimated costs noted in the information provided by the University relate to the Maintenance level required. This figure is calculated by the University on behalf of all students. Students will have differing needs, but no one should expect to live on less than the estimated amount. The cost of bringing a partner or children is in addition to this basic maintenance rate and can be calculated on the finance pages for each course .
Fees are as published and not expected to change.
The maintenance amounts quoted by the University are an absolute minimum estimate of likely basic living costs and personal expenses. This includes rent/accommodation, food, domestic bills, books, travel around Cambridge, personal computer equipment etc. There may also be other additional costs eg fieldwork costs, additional bench fees, or equipment costs; these will be noted against each course.
- Many research (PhD) students continue their course into a fourth year and its recommend that their budget reflects this possibility although they are not required to provide financial evidence for the fourth year. The estimated maintenance calculation does not include this additional year.
- The maintenance sum required in all offers does not include travel to and from Cambridge.
When do I pay my fees?
- The College collects all fees on behalf of the University.
- If you are responsible for paying your own fees, you will pay the annual fee at the start of the Michaelmas term (Payment dates).
- Students starting courses in the Lent or Easter term will be charged for one or two terms in the first year, as appropriate.
- External sponsors/paying bodies are charged annually on behalf of the students they support.
Graduate Officer, Fitzwilliam College