There are two different rates of University tuition fee depending on your fee status. Home and EU students pay a lower fee and Overseas students pay a higher fee. Some students will also pay a College fee.
University tuition fees and fee status
The fee rates are published by the University of Cambridge. Your fee status is determined by your nationality and your country of ordinary residence in the three years preceding the beginning of the University course – see the University of Cambridge for further details. The UKCISA website also has a helpful explanation of how the fee status is applied. If you are still uncertain about your fee status please contact the College Admissions Office.
In addition to the University tuition fee, certain students pay a College fee.
Who pays the College fee?
The following students do not pay the College fee.
- Home/EU undergraduate students, who are eligible for public finance / have assessments from the appropriate Student Finance Agency
- Home/EU PGCE students who are eligible for public finance /have assessments from the appropriate Student Finance Agency.
The following students must pay the College fee themselves, or via a private sponsor:
- Channel Islands and Isle of Man students
- Privately funded students
- Overseas students
- Others who are ineligible or have not applied for public support.·
- Students starting their course (matriculated) in 2016 and later, pay a College fee fixed for the entire course at the following annual rates.
- matriculated Michaelmas Term 2016 - £8,000/year
- matriculated Michaelmas Term 2017 - £8,500/year
- matriculated Michaelmas Term 2018 - £9,150/year
- matriculated Michaelmas Term 2019 - £9,400/year
- Students who intermit/disregard term or otherwise extend their studies, for more than 3 terms (to be counted cumulatively), will be charged at the relevant fixed rate for the cohort to which they return.
Funding to pay fees
Home and EU students usually apply for a fee loan from the Student Finance agencies. Overseas students may have a scholarship or decide to pay the fee privately. The University of Cambridge website provides information on Student Finance Agency loans and other scholarships.